Introducing the “Picante Paloma”. It’s a sweet, spicy, and refreshing drink that’s perfect for the first day of summer. This is a mix of a recipe my wife and I found on the internet, a drink we tasted at a friend’s wedding called “Late For Work”, and our own experimentation. It’s more-or-less paleo-friendly, depending on how picky you are about the ingredients.
This recipe makes two drinks (why would you make just one?).
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh jalapeños
- Organic agave nectar
- Limes (or lime juice)
- Ruby Red Grapefruits (or ruby red grapefruit juice)
- 100% blue agave tequila blanco
I use a stainless steel martini shaker, but you can use a regular cup or pitcher.
1) Put the following ingredients into the shaker:
- 12 fresh raspberries
- 4 slices of fresh jalapeño (I like to chop those slices into quarters)
- 2 tablespoons organic agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
2) Muddle (i.e.: smash it a bunch with a stick).
If you like it spicy like I do, make sure those jalapeños get smashed up and release their juice.
3) Add the following ingredients to the shaker:
- 2 oz of fresh ruby red grapefruit juice
- 4 oz of 100% blue agave tequila blanco
- 6 ice cubes
Either shake with your shaker, or pour back and forth a few times with another cup.